View this webinar to hear a conversation about common recruitment and engagement challenges and successful strategies for meeting and engaging youth on their level.
On Their Level: A Conversation about Youth Recruitment and EngagementArchived
A December 2017 What Works in Youth HIV needs assessment revealed recruiting and engaging youth as the #1 challenge to starting or continuing youth HIV prevention programs. If a program struggles with recruitment and engagement it’s difficult to deliver the education and skills youth need to make decisions about their sexual health.
View this webinar to hear a conversation between WWYH Project Director Aisha Moore, Timothy Kordic from the Los Angeles Unified School District Board of Education, Maranda Ward from Promising Futures, and Lamar Anderson from Sasha Bruce Youthwork as they explore common recruitment and engagement challenges and successful strategies for meeting and engaging youth on their level.
Click here to view the ideas webinar participants posted on IdeaBoardz in response to the two conversation questions during the webinar.
- Understand why recruitment and engagement are common challenges for youth-serving programs.
- Describe program attributes for the tailored recruitment of LGBTQ, homeless, and urban youth.
- Identify one recruitment or engagement strategy you can apply in your program.
- Timothy Kordic, Los Angeles Unified School District Board of Education
- Maranda Ward, Promising Futures
- Social media: @PRMSNGFTRES
- Lamar Anderson, D.C. Prevention Center Wards 5 & 6, Sasha Bruce Youthwork
- Social media: @drugfreedc
View the slides from the WWYH webinar On Their Level: A Conversation about Youth Recruitment and Engagement.
View the transcript of the On Their Level: A Conversation about Youth Recruitment and Engagement webinar.